Wednesday, October 24, 2007

DAY 9 • Wed. Oct. 24 • AM Update

Looks like they are ready to move dad to the Neuro floor (2nd) now, however, at this time they can not move him until a bed opens up on that floor. So for now he remains in ICU. He had a CT scan this morning and it showed no changes. . . no more bleeding, but no improvement of the hemmorhage - more time is needed to heal that they say. No more fever. They say they have better control of the blood pressure now. Clinically he is the same - no movement yet on left side, and mentally still confused (pleasantly confused one nurse said - you know jolly shug). They are eager to get him on the Nuero floor to do more aggressive therapy now. Right now, he's having his Occupational Therapy and getting ready for his Physical Therapy. Mom is on her way up to see him with some of his favorite music to play for him today to help him with his "antsy-ness". Poor Shug - he is so used to doing so many things and going 100 miles an hour - imagine him being still in a bed for over a week now- that surely is adding to his confusion. Thanks again for all your kind words - they are so encouraging - we love hearing your stories about our shug. . . keep them coming, you are keeping us strong. We will post again later if he gets out of ICU or if he has any more changes.

4 comments:

Nikki said...

Hey guys, just wanted to say hi! I'm so glad Pap Pap will get to leave icu today! I Love You guys! Tell Grany and Pap Pap I Love them! I'll be checking in all day to see how he is doing!

Love,Nikki

Kevin Green said...

MB,
It was good to see you at Creative team today and hearing that Shug is loving the LR music. Our Church is blessed to have such a great example of christian service as Shug. There's a lot of people who are encouraging to Beth and I but it's hard to compete with his kind words. He makes his love for us as his pastors quite evident every week. I look forward to his return but until then he is WELL represented by his wife and children. I know he is proud of each one.

Loving all of you,
Pastor Kevin

Emmy said...

Hey guys, I cant wait to come home this weekend so that I can see you all again. I've been praying all day everyday because I just can't seem to get Pappy off my mind. It's so good to hear that he is well enough to finally get out of ICU. Im sure he will be happy to get out of all that noise and "the crazy people will stop ordering him" as Pap would say. Im so proud of you Pappap, you always seem to amaze me! Just looking at all of the comments and hearing everyones stories shows how much of an impact you have made on so many peoples lives, and I am so blessed to have you as my very own Pappy! I love you so much and I will see you hopefully friday. Stay strong Pap I know you can do it.

Dianne Rudisill said...

It’s wonderful to hear that Shug is making progress. He is in my thoughts and prayers everyday along with his loving and super supportive family. On a typical Sunday Shug will visit the Café and generally make a wise crack about how terrible the food is or how slow the help is……that’s when we know we are “open for business.” Beneath the fun and jokes each week is a compassionate man who is always offering kind words or performing a kind deed for someone. When paying for his breakfast he usually declares “that’s not enough,” and gives more than his bill, or he will show is love and kindness to a family by buying them breakfast. I’m sure the Living Room Family could go on and on with the wonderful ways Shug touches lives every week - he lights up a room with his personality and his laughter is definitely contagious.

God Bless, I will continue to pray.

Dianne