Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Tuesday Afternoon Update • Oct. 23

So far, so good. . . as they say. Dad still remains off the IV meds for his blood pressure and it is ranging from 135 to 125. . . so that is very encouraging. He is breathing with very little help from oxygen now and that is good too. His fever is mild in the 99 range still. He was doing better at turning his neck today to the left. . . before he did not turn it toward the door when you entered, but now he does and really seems to have more mobility there. At this point in the day, we don't think they will transfer him out of ICU to the Neuro floor - they want to be really sure he can maintain all of these vitals. He seems to be getting more alert and witty - he is still bored as can be or so he says. . .and so tired and wants us to bring him some of his favorite music like opera or classical or "biblical" (i think he meant Christian music but he couldn't think of the word). He told me to be sure and keep telling everyone how he is doing - he seemed glad we were doing the website to tell you guys everything. We will be here for the rest of the day - so I will give another update at the end of the day. Keep the prayers coming!

3 comments:

Rob said...

GET WELL SOON!!!!!!!!!! Pappy my next game is Saturday 27 October at 10 O'clock. It's in Berkeley Springs. I'll be playing for you!


I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love BRADY

Robin & Vicky Liotta said...

Dear Shug & family,

Glad to hear that you are doing better. Our prayers are with you. We can't wait to see your face greeting us at church.

With love & prayers,

Robin & Vicky Liotta

The mommy said...

Every time I visit I am reminded how lucky and blessed I am to have a family like the Kisner family. It was so nice for Nikki and I to sit and talk to our Granny, Aunt Pam and Aunt Mary Beth today. I gotta tell you Pap, when we walked in your room to say goodbye you really touched our hearts when you said, "Every time I open my eyes I see a pretty girl"! You always know just how to make a girl feel special Pap! I hope all our pictures let you know just how special you are to us every time you look around your room. You are so loved and we all look up to you. You've never let us down...and now it's our turn to be there for you. Thank you for being a true example of what a man should be. I don't think I could ever measure up to the person you are, but you sure make me wanna try to be even better than my best in life!! Stay strong and don't give the nurses too much trouble! Ha ha! You're in my prayers as always. I love you Pap...more than you'll ever know!!!