Saturday, October 27, 2007

DAY 12 • Saturday, Oct. 27th

We are sitting here watching the WVU Mountaineers football game with dad. He slept during the first half, but mom woke him up to help him eat lunch and he is watching it now. We did receive some very encouraging news last night - dad has been accepted into the 3-week inpatient therapy program at Winchester Rehabilitation Center. This is an answer to prayer- we so wanted him to be able to get into this intense program. We've heard some miraculous recovery stories from the nurse case worker there. He'll be transferred there Monday. Due to his rigorous 3 to 4 hour therapy during the day, he will only be allowed visitors in the evenings after 4pm. Also, the gastrointestinal doc came to see him today about his stomach swelling - he thinks its just due to inactivity and feels therapy will help. His blood pressure is hanging in the 150s over 90s & low 100s. . . not bad they say. As far as any movement on his left side, we are not seeing anything right now, but our hope is in the Lord. I like what our friend at church shared with us today in an email - let it encourage you as it has encouraged us. . .

"Sure, we understand that there will be some storms in life, so we prepare ourselves as best we can, but still some storms surprise us. They come faster than we expected, stay longer than we want, and leave us with a bigger mess to clean up than we could have imagined. The question then becomes, “What now?” Who do we lean on when the storms of life roll in? Who is our Rock in times of trouble? Psalm 18:2 reads, “The LORD is my rock, my fortress, and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge. He is my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.” "

Thank you for your prayers. . . we ask you to believe with us for a miracle over these next 3 weeks - so that when dad leaves rehab the week of Thanksgiving, that we will be able to bring him home with an even greater testimony than he already has.

1 comment:

Rene Haught said...

Glad to hear that Shug is out of ICU and has been excepted to the rehab center in Winchester. We have been praying for him and the whole family....our computer has been down this week and I missed checking the blog. I will give you a call this week, Mary Beth, and see if there is anything you need....please let me know if there is anything I can do.
God bless!