Sunday, February 3, 2008

The Best Day In A Long Time!


Hands down. . .this was dad's best day in a long long time. Yesterday dad was overjoyed with our brother Tommy getting home safely from China after a month away. And today, dad went to church for the first time since his stroke October 16th. It was an amazing and unprecedented moment for our family, who filled two rows beside of dad and mom at The Living Room for the 11am service. Dad was as handsome as can be and although he did get a little emotional at several moments in the service, I have not seen him smile as much as I did this morning. He was shaking hands and getting hugs and kisses. . . and of course, he was high fiving all the kids! He was just glowing. He really was even more alert and his cognitive thinking was very on the mark. Check out the pics and see for yourself.

Thank you God for this beautiful moment today! Tomorrow we will be taking dad to see Dr. Boyd in the morning about his gall bladder. . . I think dad is actually looking forward to it - probably just to get out and get some fresh air. Love you guys!

1 comment:

Lori, Frank, Amber, Cynthia Zimmerman said...

I am so sad that we missed Shug on Sunday at church!!! I try to read the blogs everyday at work and I am sitting here with tears in my eyes because Shug looks so good!!! He is loved by so many people and I am glad he is doing so much better - God hears lots of prayers for this one special man. Keep up the good work Shug!!! We love you!!!!