Sunday, April 20, 2008

Reunited

Mom & Dad were reunited today when dad visited her in the ICU in Winchester. Timmy & Tommy took dad up to see mom after church today. They had a real nice visit together. Mom remains in ICU tonight - she was given another unit of blood this morning and her blood pressure is still border line low - so they are not ready to release her yet to the cardiac floor. She continued to walk some today and situp in her chair. She was in pretty good spirits, but she is getting anxious to get out of ICU. We are praying tomorrow brings more stable blood pressures and gets her out of the ICU. When I went up to see her this afternoon - she tricked me into helping her to her bed from her chair and I wasn't supposed to! I felt so bad - the nurses were like - "what are you guys doing" - and scolded me for trying to help mom to her bed without their help. But mom was just so determined that I was allowed to do that for her. . . yikes! Then I went by and took dad some dinner and he was good - he was glad to get to see his sweetheart today - and relieved I think to see her so good. I will meet with dad's care team tomorrow and see how they think the past 2 weeks have been - if there has been any progress - and I am planning to give the approval to extend his stay there another 30 days thru May - so that we can get mom real strong before bringing dad home. I'll let you know how both of them are doing tomorrow evening.

No comments: